Sunday 22 February 2009

Venues for 2009

Just some of the venues that I will be fishing During 2009 include:-

Loch Lommond
Loch Arkaig
Loch Lochy
Loch Quoich
Loch Garry
Loch Awe
Loch Tay
Loch Earn
These lochs will offer the angler the opportunity to catch Salmon, Trout, Pike, Perch and that legendary "FEROX"
The current UK rod caught Record ferox trout weights in at 31lb 12oz (14.4kg) and was caught by Mr Brian Rutland, fishing Loch Awe March 15th 2002. Who knows maybe there is an even bigger Ferox swimming about in one of the Scottish Lochs.
Click this link below for research information on Ferox Trout.
All FEROX TROUT that I catch are quickly returned to the loch. I always unhook my fish whilst in the net at the side of the boat (if the water is rough I use an unhooking mat in the boat) and are released immediately back to their natutal habitat. I take a photograph of the fish whilst in the net. I try never to hold the fish as this can cause damage to the fish which increases the risk of infection and reducues the chances of survival.
I never knock anyone for keeping a "fish for the pot". There are plenty of escapee Rainbow trout in the lochs. I tend to keep these as they are good eating and not native to the loch. Some would agree that escapees can affect the habitat for the wild ferox trout that are precious to "Scotlands Lochs".
My Philosophy for Trolling for Ferox Trout is "CPR" (Catch, Photograph & Release)
Tightlines for now

No comments: