Thursday 5 March 2009

Luhr Jensen Diver
This is one of my favourite bits of tackle. I often use a diver when trolling for ferox trout.
This true-tracking, diving sinker/planer has an adjustable positive trip mechanism. It sinks around 1ft for every 2ft of line that you have out. Once a fish hits the lure, the diver trips making it easier to reel the fish in. The diver makes it easier to fish depths unexplored before. You can use kynoch's, tomic lures, rapala's or any lure. I would not recommend using a deep diving lure with this diver. If you use a deep diving lure then it would be guess work to exactly what depth the lure is fishing. I like to use a floating rapala when fishing with a diver. I often set the depth of fishing to around 45 feet. The beauty of the diver is you can send it down to where the fish are - 10 feet, 20 feet or 60 feet


No comments: